Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lunch with Sammie is a good workout

Yes, it's true - going to lunch with my sweet daughter is a good workout. I no longer have access to a car in the daytime, so I ask my sweet friend, Belinda, to take me up to the school at Sammie's lunchtime. And then I walk home. I don't want Belinda to have to wait on me or sit through that raucous lunch with us. And I don't want to ask her to come back in thirty minutes. And I desperately need to get my butt moving, anyway. So I walk home.

It is only a mile. But a long and hard mile it can be, that's for sure. Well, this last time wasn't so bad. I took another route, on which I think the incline was easier - we live at the top of a hill. And also - the last time I took that walk - the temperatures were in the 100's!! So it definitely helped for it not to be so swelteringly hot. But I still definitely got a good workout from it. And it was a nice, peaceful time to just mentally relax.

So I'm definitely going to have to continue doing that. Sammie gets to see me at school, I get to be a little more involved at school, and I get a workout out of it! You see, because, ever since I started my home based business, I just don't get as much time at school. So it's a win-win-win!

No comments: