Sunday, October 7, 2007

You On a Diet

I'm sure pretty much everyone has heard of this book - it was written by Mehmet C. Oz and Michael F. Roizen. I've been wanting it for a while now. I saw them on Oprah and I was immediately taken with them. I don't know if I saw them before or after buying their other book, You: The Owner's Manual. I love that one, too, although I haven't finished it. There is a lot to take in there!

But I would really love to dive into You: On a Diet, as that is one of the primary focuses of my life right now - getting healthy by losing this weight! I know I don't need their book to lose weight, or to start losing weight, but, knowing more about what exactly you're doing to your body with the foods you ingest and the activity/non-activity you involve yourself in, has got to be helpful. And they have an online community that corresponds with this book, and it looks like it might even be free - I'm going to check it out and I'll let you know!

And I just love the way they talk/write. Just listening to them is inspiring to me. So if anyone is in need of some christmas gift ideas - that book would be a good place to start!

No comments: