Thursday, November 1, 2007

LiTaWaMo - Kickoff time!

Ok, folks - it's time to get serious. Or, at least, a little bit serious. As I'm doing NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) over on LisaMarieMary.com, I thought I would borrow from that and do a 'walking one' for myself! I started out with 'National', but, soon realized I'd need to change it to 'Lisa's' ....as, it's just me. And the only thing 'National' about me is the spread of my....

Yeah, well, you get the point. I'm going to make every effort possible to walk every single day this month. Even if it is just a little, short walk (because I'm busy, tired, sick...) I would like to walk every day.

And should I succeed (I will succeed, I will succeed) - by the end of the month, I should have a nice habit established, as it only takes twenty-one times of doing something to make it a habit. Sounds like a plan, eh? Yep, I thought so, too.

And, I'll get back on track with my Healthy Habits while I'm at it, too. I'm gonna need a couple of days to get going on that list, though.

And we're pretty low on water bottles right now - eeks! I'm gonna have to make sure the old man gets us some more this weekend, as there is no way I am drinking this tap water out here. Yuck! When we lived in Texas, and we ran out of water bottles before grocery day, I could put tap water in the bottles, refrigerate them, and when they were nice and cold, they were totally drink-able. This water out here is seriously yuck-o, though! So that's kind of a bummer, because, I feel trapped, or stuck to ...well, you know - dependent, on those damn bottles. And that just sucks.

That's okay, though - it'll work out. And today - I actually took TWO walks! (No, I won't cheat and count that for two days!)Tongue Out 11 My silly Puppy decided to poop in a neighbor's yard, and as he never used to do that - I didn't have a bag with me! So I took Puppy home, and went back to retrieve his fecal matter. Ewww! For five whole years, Puppy spoiled me by only pooping at home! And now, the last two walks, he has pooped out and about! Gah! It's back to carrying bags for me, just like I did when he was a puppy and I didn't know of his 'only poop at home' rule - the one that is no more.... Sad

Wow - I ended the last two paragraphs on a sour note. That last one - literally and figuratively! I'll have to remedy that. Here's some happiness and sunshine:

Thirty days of walking is going to be so good for me! I'm going to feel so good and it's going to become a habit! I'll be able to keep up better with the kids and zip my pants up easier. Life will be absolutely, terrifically perfect.

Was that better?Winking 2

2 comments:

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

I'll walk with ya ;-)

Unknown said...

Aw man! I wish you really could! That would be awesome!