Thursday, February 22, 2007

Meeting skipper!!

I am totally busted! Remember this post: Boy howdy, do I need a meeting!

Well, I didn't go to a meeting... *hangs head*

I did get off the computer and call the girl whose father is in the program, but, I didn't get a hold of her.

I had three possible numbers I could call. She has a home and a cell. And then there is the intergroup number.

So first I tried one of her numbers - and it went to voicemail....I got nervous, didn't leave a message, and hung up.

And then didn't call her other number - or the intergroup number.

Go ahead - you can say it...."WIMP!!"

(Oh, for those of you who don't know, intergroup is the office that helps out all the local AA groups and kind of keeps everyone organized. So like, say, if there wasn't anyone available at the actual AA group, I could call intergroup to find out meeting information, or even to talk to someone if I was in a mess...)

So then I was gearing myself up to go Tues. night to the NA meeting, but, it starts at 7pm, and my hubby didn't get home with the car until later.

So here we are on Thursday...the next 'good' time would be tomorrow night, here in town, at one of the local churches.

And that is what I plan on doing. I will let you know what happens.

2 comments:

Val said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you find some useful information around there. If not, let me know and I'll dig some up for you. lol I'm a personal trainer by day and would love to help you as much as I can long distance. :)

So to start with the help, I'm just wondering if you got to your meeting? The only way to conquer fear is to smack it down head on. You've done a great job.

Unknown said...

No, I didn't - bummer!!!

And every time I try to go - something happens!!

I'm sure my efforts count for something, though - even if life keeps getting in the way! :)