Sunday, August 12, 2007

I like working at home on the internet

I thoroughly enjoy working at home on the internet. I am usually always involved in several projects at one time, sometimes even too many. But I just love it. And I am contributing to our household, doing what I love. And I am available to my children, should they need me.

There are people in my life, however, who just don't get it. They think I need to do more - or different, even. Mark wants me to sign up to be a notary public and put a sign up in the front yard. (That one - I may actually do.) Granny wanted me to be a school bus driver. My mother-in-law wanted me to clean houses. Maybe somebody even wants me to be a real estate broker! My sister-in-law wanted me to get a J.O.B. just somewhere - 'you just need to go get one'. My brother called and asked why I hadn't gotten a job outside the house yet.

Well, like I explained to my wonderful sis-in-law, going out and getting a J.O.B. is not going to take me anywhere, except to a bi-weekly paycheck. That's it. Sure, you could make advances in the company, even get some good experience and knowledge to put on your resume. But you are basically at the company's whim. Doing what I'm doing now - I'm at my whim. And that's just where I like it. I am learning so much, and gaining in momentum every day. Earning momentum, that is. I feel extremely passionate about what I am doing, and I fully believe this is the right path for me.

No comments: