Tuesday, August 7, 2007

List complete and Google Pedometer

Boy, oh boy, do I ever deserve this, yet again:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yesterday the kids and I walked to McDonald's to eat lunch and then we went to the yogurt place for dessert. That sure doesn't make it sound like I completed my Healthy Habits list, now, does it? Hahaha! And I actually didn't complete the list, but, I had such a workout, that I am giving it to myself honorarily again!

I am so sore today! I heard on the radio that the heat index was 110 degrees! And that time of day, the hottest, is when I chose to take my kids on a 2+ mile walk! I never said I was the prettiest crayon in the box! And we do live on a hill, so coming home almost killed me. I wound up with a migraine, and went to bed at 6pm. But you know what - I had a workout - and that rocks! I'm so excited about that.

I found out how far we went on this great new Google tool my friend, Amy, just told me about recently. It is so awesome - it's the Google pedometer and you can measure the distance of where you walked/ran. And it's better than going back and tracking in the car, because you can track where you walked that you wouldn't be able to in the car. For instance, the kids and I cut through the college parking lot and field at one point, and I was able to tell the Google pedometer that and get a measurement of our distance covered. Totally cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm just special or something, but I canNOT figure out how to use the google pedometer.

Unknown said...

Jennifer, do you have Google Earth? I think you need Google Earth to use it...not totally sure, though.