Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My teenage skin

"What? Teenage skin? Lisa, you're 37 years old, what are you talking about?"

Well, my face seems to think that 'we' are teenagers again, in that I break out so easily. Now, I will admit to not being the most regimented about washing my face like I should, but, my skin is usually okay. Lately, I break out in these tiny bumps on my forehead and full-out pimples on my chin if I am not good about washing my face. And it still just seems to not look as healthy as it used to.

So I've been thinking lately that I should try real skincare products, as opposed to just bar soap. (Yes, bar soap. But - to my credit, it is Lever 2000.) And I've also been thinking a lot about sun protection for my face. My mother has already dealt with two spots on her face - one was cancerous, and the other was just pre-cancerous, I think. I've never worn product on my face, not even base, so I have had a hard time finding something that feels good and doesn't irritate my skin.I was looking at the Emerge Skin Care site, and I found a facial moisturizer with SPF 30 that is formulated specifically for sensitive skin. I would love to try that! Their products were developed by a team of dermatologists and chemists, and their tagline is 'Where Science Meets Beauty'. I like the sound of that, because, it makes me feel extra safe about using their products. That might sound silly, but, like I said, I've never worn any product on my face. I've never worn moisturizer or base or even normal sunblock (which always burns). So I am extra picky, I think, about picking out a sun protection formula.

And I would also like to venture away from my bar soap routine and try some actual facial cleanser, for this silly face that is revisiting my youth! Emerge has a sensitive skin formula that has chamomile in it - that sounds great!

I really need to start taking better care of this old face! Emerge would be a great place to start!

No comments: